Join Four Harbors Audubon Society and Seatuck Environmental Association for a
Zoom presentation, The Narrow Edge: A Tiny Bird, An Ancient Crab, and An Epic
Journey, on Wednesday, April 28 at 7:30 p.m. Our speaker is Deborah Cramer,
Visiting Scholar, Environmental Solutions Initiative-MIT.
To research and write The Narrow Edge, Deborah Cramer accompanied Red Knots
along their extraordinary migration from Tierra del Fuego up to the Arctic.  In
this talk, she’ll share photographs from her journey, and explore Long Island’s
importance to the flyway; critical ecological connections between shorebirds
and horseshoe crabs; the ways horseshoe crabs protect human health, including
in the fight against Covid; and exciting developments which can restore
horseshoe crabs and the shorebirds that need them.
Deborah Cramer is the author of two books about the sea – Great Waters and
Smithsonian Ocean: Our Water Our World – and most recently, The Narrow Edge: A
Tiny Bird, An Ancient Crab, And An Epic Journey, which received the Best Book
Award from the National Academies of Science, and the Rachel Carson Book Award
from the Society of Environmental Journalists.  Perhaps you’ve read her op-eds
in the New York Times, or heard her talk about shorebirds on NPR.  She’s a
visiting scholar at MIT and lives at the edge of a salt marsh in Gloucester,
Massachusetts.

This presentation is free and open to all, but reservations required.

Email fourharborshe...@gmail.com mailto:fourharborshe...@gmail.com  to register

To join this Zoom presentation, click on this link at 7:30 pm on April 28.

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82824134904?pwd=dThQblpyM2VqdnNZVTdkRjdreUFIdz09