After keeping an appointment at the VA Hospital in E.Northport, and
impressed by all the bird calls/songs I heard getting back to my car in the
parking lot -  I made a command decision to stop at Sunken Meadow SP on my
way east. Since I haven't been birding for a while, today's haul put a
smile on my face. FOY species were Green Heron, Tree & Barn Swallows,
Yellow Warbler and Baltimore Oriole.
While the heron appears to be early, the highlight of firsts (hands down)
was the sight of 3 crows "escorting" a drone over the water as it headed
east. They never got closer than ~ 4 ft at it's 9, 12 & 3 o'clock
positions, but did not utter one vocalization, which at first struck me as
strange. Leading me to wonder, if the crow's reputation of being smart is
deserved, if this was the first drone they had ever experienced, and didn't
know how it would respond to their closeness, they played it smart, using
their collective brains, instead of their brawn !

Cheers,
Bob

Cheers,
Bob