Hi Glenn: Working for the Town of Brookhaven at the time the application was
considered and approved, the possible impact to birds from collisions was
something we identified and assessed. As part of this assessment I spoke to a
number of experts about it and they thought the proposed netting was
conspicuous enough as to not pose a danger. Further, a literature search did
not turn up instances where this is an issue in other places, with one
exception, if I remember correctly, of a duck flying into netting. We can
monitor it and if it turns out to be problematic can implement steps to
mitigate its impacts.

Having said this, it is a terrible eyesore that destroyed about 20 acres of
forest.

John Turner