Early this afternoon (~1:15) I found a PACIFIC LOON on the Connetquot River off
Bayard Cutting Arboretum (a Red-throated Loon as well). Unfortunately it moved
fairly quickly downriver over the next few minutes and was soon out of sight. I
got word out ASAP via direct text and to Bird Finders via WhatsApp, but AFAIK
there were no conclusive sightings subsequently by other birders who arrived on
the scene.
The arboretum doesn’t open until 9:00am tomorrow, but there are multiple points
of access to the river farther south along Great River Road (3 small town
parks), and at Timber Point golf course. Good luck if you go.

eBird checklist with photo:
https://ebird.org/atlasny/checklist/S103071298

John Gluth, sent from my iPhone