It wasn’t clear until this morning that this bird was unwell.  By the time
a rehabilitator could have arrived at the scene, the bird likely would have
already been deceased.  The state museum can determine whether or not the
bird should go to the pathology lab, but the possibility of an avian flu
infection seems like it would be a point against involving a rehabilitator,
since other birds in the care of the rehabilitator could then in turn
become infected themselves.

Zach Schwartz-Weinstein
203 500 7774