From: bounce-127064654-11143...@list.cornell.edu
[bounce-127064654-11143...@list.cornell.edu] on behalf of Andrew Block
[ablock22...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 4, 2023 5:00 PM
To: NYS Birds
Subject: [nysbirds-l] White-winged Juncos

Hi all,

Does anyone know how common Slate-colored Juncos with white wing bars are?
Over the years I've seen a few in NY that have them but otherwise look like
Slate-coloreds.  Today I had another I observered for awhile at Ward Acres Park
in New Rochelle that sure looked good for White-winged Juco, but I always have
Slate-coloreds with wing bars in the back of my mind.  Any ideas?

Andrew

Andrew Block
Consulting Naturalist
Yonkers, New York