Good morning all,

I wanted to share some upcoming virtual presentations as well as in-person
birding tours! Some of this may be information I've shared already, but I
figured I'd share again as the schedule has changed slightly. I'm getting back
into offering in-person birding tours in March! Scroll down to see that
information.

Virtual programs: (click each link for more information)

2/23/22 All About Snow
Geese<https://act.audubon.org/a/all-about-snow-geese-022322>
2/25/22: Survival by Degrees<https://act.audubon.org/a/survivalbydegrees-022522>
(a break down on Audubon's Climate Report on the 389 Bird Species on the Brink)
3/4/22: Invasive Species of the Montezuma Wetlands
Complex<https://act.audubon.org/a/invasivespeciesofthemwc-030422>
(the focus is on the Montezuma area/Finger Lakes region, but includes many
invasives which are widespread like starlings, purple loosestrife, etc.)
3/12/22: Celebrating Women in
Conservation<https://act.audubon.org/a/celebrating-women-in-conservation-31222>
3/18/22: Mute, Tundra, or Trumpeter? Swan
ID<https://act.audubon.org/a/mute-tundra-or-trumpeter-31822>
3/23/22: Montezuma
Migration<https://act.audubon.org/a/montezuma-migration-32322>

Virtual programming logistics:

  *   Fee: $10/person, $25/family
  *   Suitable for ages 10 and up
  *   Pre-paid online reservations are required.
  *   After registering, the Zoom link will be included in your confirmation
email. If you are unable to attend the program the day of, the presentation
will be recorded and can be sent to you afterward.
  *   Call 315-365-3588 or email
montez...@audubon.org<mailto:montez...@audubon.org> with questions

In-person birding tours: (click each link for more information)

  *   02/25/22  1 - 3:30 p.m.
<https://act.audubon.org/a/montezuma-birding-tour-022522>
  *   03/05/22 1:30 - 4 p.m.
<https://act.audubon.org/a/montezuma-birding-tour-030522>
  *   03/09/22 9:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
<https://act.audubon.org/a/montezuma-birding-tour-030922>
  *   03/12/22 1:30 - 4 p.m.
<https://act.audubon.org/a/montezuma-birding-tour-31222>
  *   03/17/22 1:30 - 4
p.m.<https://act.audubon.org/a/montezuma-birding-tour-31722>
  *   03/19/22 9:30 a.m. - 12
p.m.<https://act.audubon.org/a/montezuma-birding-tour-31922>
  *   03/26/22 1 - 3:30
p.m.<https://act.audubon.org/a/montezuma-birding-tour-32622>
Birding tour logistics:

These tours take place in your own vehicle as you follow behind the Audubon
van. Participants will receive a conference call phone number to hear the
Audubon educator narrate the tour and ask questions between stops. Guests are
welcome to get out of their vehicles at each stop, so facial coverings will be
required unless you are fully vaccinated. We will also continue to follow
physical distancing guidelines.

  *   Fee: $5/child, $10/adult, $30/family
  *   Suitable for ages 5 and up
  *   Space is limited and pre-paid online reservations are required.
  *   Meet at the Montezuma Audubon Center (2295 State Route 89, Savannah, NY)
for a prompt departure. Please arrive 15 minutes early to use the restroom and
check in.

I am also happy to help you plan a private tour! March begins the MASSIVE
waterfowl migration coming through our area! It is truly a sight to see. We see
new species of migratory birds showing up for breeding season, or passing
through, almost daily between March and May. Come see Sandhill Cranes, Cerulean
AND Prothonotary Warblers, Bald Eagles, Osprey, Great Egrets, shorebirds
galore... This is a great time to visit the montezuma Wetlands Complex. For
more info about private tours, visit here, and scroll down:
https://ny.audubon.org/montezuma-programs-and-events

Have a great President's Day Weekend!
Alyssa

--