Among the migration activity today at Fort Tilden, Queens were some very
high migrating Canada Goose flocks. Looking at one small group, I noticed
one that seemed out of whack. I managed to get some pictures that I could
blow up . To me, it looks like a Pink-footed Goose. A picture can be seen on
the e-bird page https://ebird.org/atlasny/checklist/S121416069 . If I'm
wrong, you can correct me.

Some of the other notable results for those that like diurnal migration were
6970 Red-winged Blackbirds and 142 Purple Finches. Also a very few Pine
Siskins and the first of the season Eastern Bluebirds. It may not be well
known that the latter annually migrate through the western end of Long
Island along the shore.

Steve Walter

Bayside, NY