From: bounce-127553555-11143...@list.cornell.edu
<bounce-127553555-11143...@list.cornell.edu> on behalf of Joseph Wallace
<joew...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, July 7, 2023 11:44 AM
To: NYSbirds-L@cornell.edu <NYSbirds-L@cornell.edu>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Croton Point Park warblers

* This email originates from a sender outside of CUNY. Verify the sender before
replying or clicking on links and attachments. *

This park has become quite a magnet for unexpected warbler species the last
couple of weeks, especially singing males in lovely plumage. So far I've seen
Magnolia, Northern Parula, Black-and-White, and Ovenbird...and though they
don't all flag as rare, I bird this park a lot, and this seems very unusual
here in this season. (They don't look or act like early migrants--is the
consensus that these are birds displaced by the Canadian wildfires, or some
other cause?) Seems worth keeping an eye out in the park for others as well....
--Joe Wallace
P.S. Andrew Baksh's heartening report from Jamaica Bay reminded me of the
Father's Day essay I wrote for Saw Mill River Audubon--and posted here--a few
years back, about my Dad and that wonderful preserve. As it happens, he and it
also appear in my latest piece, which is more about the
places--landscapes--that speak most deeply to us. Dad had his, I have mine, and
I always wonder if you all have one, too. Apologies if this is too o/t, but if
you're interested:
https://www.blog.sawmillriveraudubon.org/our-inner-landscapes/.
Subscribe, Configuration and
Leave<http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm>