Ari Weiss and I refound the Common Ringed Plover on the rising tide at the Old Inlet mudflats this afternoon. The subflock of Semipalmated Plovers with which the bird was associating briefly settled in front of us approximately here (40.7268995, -72.9068523), but a marauding pair of juvenile Peregrines reshuffled the deck and the incoming water eventually covered that precise location. There did seem to be some resettled plovers gathering south of the massive dead tree southeast of that location, where the bird has been sighted in the past few days, but there was still regular turnover and initial scans did not resurface the bird. Other observers were arriving to search the area as we departed.

Cheers,
-Tim H