On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 14:08:19 Harvey Kane wrote:
> I'm with Michael on this - I stopped using Clickatell for commercial
> projects because clients were whinging non-stop about messages not being
> delivered to the Telecom network. I switched clients to TNZ and haven't
> had a problem with delivery in over a year. Way more expensive than
> Clickatell, but not when you include your time dealing with lost messages.
>
> I still use Clickatell for my own purposes - server monitoring and event
> notifications etc where the recipient is always me (Vodafone). They work
> great for that, and they're cheap.
>
> Harvey.

Harvey sums up my position well.

I will add that I contacted them several times (at the time) and they kept
promising to fix it - which didn't happen - and well it's no surprise to me
to hear that nothing has changed.

I stand by my SMS modem recommendation especially as NZ is a very easy country
routing wise, with only 2 providers you could get on a texting plan with
both, or if the volumes are smallish, a texting plan with Vodafone.

Michael