From: oauth@googlegroups.com [oa...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of hank
williams [hank...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 1:45 PM
To: oauth@googlegroups.com
Subject: [oauth] Getting the user name

I am an Oauth Noob, and so I have a basic question.

My company is intending to support Twitter, Google apps, and Yahoo apps access
via Oauth.

I know that part of the purpose of Oauth is to prevent the application
developer from seeing the account name/password. But I am wondering if it is
indeed the goal to keep the account name from the application developer. We
would like to support a users ability to access multiple accounts on the same
service. For example through our service the user could access two google
accounts because they have two separate gmail accounts. For a proper user
interface we need to be able to request, from within a given API, a call of the
type "what is the username for this account". This will allow us to provide a
UI that has choices for which account the user wants to be able to use.

I have just been looking at the twitter API and I do not see a "what is the
username for this account" call, and so I thought I would ask here if I am
somehow barking up the wrong philosophical tree, and if not if anyone knows how
to make such calls for twitter, yahoo and google.

Thanks,
Hank.

--
blog: whydoeseverythingsuck.com<http://whydoeseverythingsuck.com>