Hi All,

I have a general question wether I should use OAuth2 or not and I hope
someone is able to help us make the correct decision.

This is my situation:
We have clients login to our website. From that login they can request
(personal) information which comes from a second database. This is
(ofcourse) API based.

Only clients from our website are allowed access to the second database.
Is OAuth 2 the best method for this or should we use an unique string as
key and have this as verification (unique string can be a combination of
unique client information; encrypted).

As I understand OAuth2 now it's primairly used for users that want to grant
access to multiple applications to use data from their personal account on,
ie. Facebook.
Since we already "know" the clients username and password (although it's
stored encrypted) I believe we can do without OAuth.

I'm looking forward to your suggestions and ideas.

Best regards,

Danny