Hello VC Enthusiasts,

I wrote this draft today:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-steele-spice-oblivious-credential-state/

It captures some of the discussion we have seen regarding OHTTP and
Verifiable Credential Status Lists, that has happened at W3C.

- https://github.com/w3c/vc-bitstring-status-list/issues/80

In particular, this paragraph was added as a result of privacy feedback:

> Issuers SHOULD publish status list information using HTTPS URLs and in
ways that minimize possible correlation of usage patterns related to the
list. Verifiers SHOULD retrieve status list information using protocols
that guard against access pattern correlation, such as Oblivious HTTP
[OHTTP].
> For example, a verifiable credential secured with Data Integrity Proofs
might have media type application/vc+ld+json, while a verifiable credential
secured with SD-JWT might have media type application/sd-jwt.

- https://w3c.github.io/vc-bitstring-status-list/#media-types

I note that the W3C draft for vc-bitstring-status-list is using the
`application/sd-jwt` media type to refer to a specific JSON-LD payload
being secured with sd-jwt, namely `application/vc+ld+json`... this seems to
be in violation of the JWT BCP, which recommends using explicit types.

It also makes me wonder how compatible these 2 drafts will end up being.

I think it would be better to recommend a CWT based media type, instead of
sd-jwt.

Will there be a similar recommendation to use OHTTP
with draft-ietf-oauth-status-list ?

Regards,

OS

--