From: SPICE <spice-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of Orie Steele
<orie@transmute.industries>
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2024 2:48 PM
To: Tom Jones <thomasclinganjo...@gmail.com>
Cc: Watson Ladd <watsonbl...@gmail.com>; sp...@ietf.org <sp...@ietf.org>;
Giuseppe De Marco <gi.dema...@innovazione.gov.it>; oauth <oauth@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [SPICE] [OAUTH-WG] R: OAuth Digital Credential Status Attestations
(typo)

EXTERNAL EMAIL: This email originated outside of our organisation. Do not click
links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content
is safe.

There are at least 2 kinds of vp.

W3C has them and they can be secured or not.

SD-JWT has them, and they can have key binding or not.

An sd-jwt without key binding is indistinguishable from a credential except for
looking at the unprotected disclosures.

SD-JWT has a section on forwarding presentations, that talks about redacting
fields and presenting in a cases where key binding is not required.

Key binding is basically the secured version of a W3C VP, but restricted to a
single credential, instead of multiple credentials.

Key binding is not required afaik.

Therefore presentation can be forwarded / reused.

OS

On Tue, Jan 23, 2024, 12:51 AM Tom Jones