I did not do a full in-depth research on this topic, but it looks like my
AD review of what became RFC 9200
(https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ace/k5RzWwmuawvczrHN88JoE3vbH78/)
noted that what-became-RFC8693 had already gotten "scope" registered in the
JWT claims registry, so that RFC 9200 could not attempt to register it in
that registry as well.  I suspect that a botched edit caused that reference
to be used in the CWT claims registry as well, in which case an erratum
should be filed against 9200 -- if verified, that should be enough for IANA
to change the entry in the live registry.

-Ben