Check the UCI website - they would have record of all affiliated bodies -
check www.uci.ch

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Taylor who's a [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 5:55 PM
To: OBC Mail List
Subject: [obc] German - Cycling Clubs / Organizations / Advisory Groups
?

Hello all,

My name's Bill Taylor, and I along with my family, we've been OBC
members going back to the early 80's [feeling old now, considering
that's a good 20+ years!]

I'm helping out with Paul 'Boomer' Throops' "Ride To Survive".

As a volunteer, and one who's life like so many has been touched by
cancer, when I heard about Paul's round the world tour to raise for
funds for cancer research, I knew I had to become involved.  FYI: the
web site can be found at: http://www.ridetosurvive.org

They've asked me to find all bicycle clubs in Germany.  So, while I'm
going through the standard search engines, I thought I'd ask here if
anyone knows of any specific clubs?

According to Paul's itinerary, he'll be going through Berlin,
Whittenberg, Hamberg and Bremen.

I'm contacting as many cycling clubs and organizations along Paul's
planned route in an effort to bring greater pubic exposure to his
undertaking.  I'm still very new at all this, but my understanding is
that through increased public awareness, those who Paul encounters
along his journey will be inclined to make a financial donation to
their local cancer research center.

Alternatively, if you know of other sites on the web, or sources on
the Internet in general, where I can locate such listings, I'd be
very grateful if you could please pass them along to me.

Just as there's a provincial and federal organizations / bodies for
cycling in Canada, does anyone know of similar counterparts in
Germany?

Many thanks,

Bill Taylor

Newsletter:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]