From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 11:13 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [obc] Wheel balancing?

Hi,

I've been told that reflectors attached to spokes can indeed put your
wheel out of true. I guess if you true the wheels with reflectors on, it
would stand to reason that the removal would also put the wheel out of
true. Can anyone confirm this?

If you don't want to use reflectors, I have seen a few models of tires
that have reflective sidewalls - one of the neatest things I've seen all
summer! Probably more for touring bikes than road riding though. I've
seen Maxxim (?), Vittoria and Hutchinson models. Not sure if any of
these have MTB sizes, didn't ask!

Jen [obc member]

--
Jennifer Allen
Cycling Safety and Promotion Program Coordinator

Club Office:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (613) 230-1064
Website: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.cyberus.ca/~obcweb
Newsletter:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]