Well we weren't sure that we were going to pull this one off! A couple
of us who rode to the event felt that perhaps we would have been better
off transitting it in a boat! But good things come to those who wait out
the rough stuff - The sun was back before 18:30 and the race went ahead
as planned. There were a number of PB's as well.

Sheila Kealey led the results with 23:03 - 16 seconds off of her best.
Ellen Pazdzior, at 23:05, was a mere 2 seconds behind, and joked that
her close loss was due to their difference in attire. Anyway, we'll see
who wears what or not next week! Ellen's time was her season's best by
25 seconds (though her all time best is in the lower half of the 21's!).
Third was Cynthia Clarke, who was delighted to squeak into the 23's with
23:58 - a nine second improvement over her previous best.

The others with seasons bests in this series were our youngest (13 years
old) rider, Ashley Lavergne-Lemay, who did 29:59 (she has done an even
more impressive 29:38 in the open series),  Lucie Boudreau who improved
by 1:26 to get 27:25, and Sandra Bender, who was thrilled with her 24:59
- a half minute improvement.

You may see the complete results at
http://www3.sympatico.ca/celia.mcinnis/tt/2002/ .

Enjoy,
Celia
(long time club member, EtC.)

Club Office:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (613) 230-1064
Website: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.cyberus.ca/~obcweb
Newsletter:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]