On 22 Oct 2012, at 16:39, lukshun...@gmail.com wrote:

>> BIM provides functions to solve Advection-Diffusion-Reaction Partial
>> Differential Equations in 1, 2 and 3
>> spatial dimensions on structured or unstructured triangular/tetrahedral
>> meshes.
>
> Pointers to literature on the theory and implementation behind BIM
> would be very much appreciated.

The method used for the discretization of symmetric elliptic operators is a
piecewise linear continuos
Finite Element method with mass-lumpig, which is described in many elementary
textbooks on numerical
methods for PDEs as, for example, this one:
http://www.springer.com/math/book/978-88-470-1070-3

For stabilization of Advection dominated problems the Exponential Fitting
approach is used.
The description of this method can be found in the same book mentioned above
for the 1D case,
for references to papers about the 2d and 3d case you can have a look at
chapter 5 my PHD thesis
(http://mox.polimi.it/it/progetti/pubblicazioni/tesi/de_falco.pdf).

For 3D there is also functions that implement the computation of the stiffness
matrix with the
Orthogonal Subdomain Collocation method described here:
http://dx.doi.org/10.1137/S1064827595290711.

> This link
>       http://agora.octave.org/snippet/1bqV
> to the example source code doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for noting this.

That's probably because the Agora database
was flushed during the latest update and all snippets were lost :(
Sorry for that, Agora is starting to look good but it is still work
in progress.

I commented out that line on the wiki page for the moment.

c.