Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
<jord...@octave.org> writes:

> I've never been clear if this is really ok, but it seems to be a
> common interpretation.

Fine.
But then, why did you encourage me publicly, on Feb. 8th, to publish the
sources ?
In case you don't remember, here is a link to the thread, entitled "Data
Acquisition with Octave":
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.octave.devel/6512/focus=39562

Personally, I was very reluctant to publish the sources because I feared
there would be a legal issue. You are one of the people who convinced me
that it is ok and that I should publish the source anyway.

Specifically, you wrote:

> There is no legal problem sharing your source code, as long as you
> don't distribute binaries compiled to the non-free driver. The only
> social problem would be encouraging more people to use the non-free
> drivers instead of demanding a free driver from NI, but it looks like
> your code is encouraging people to look into the possibility of free
> drivers, so it's probably beneficial if you share it.

So now, I don't understand your strong reaction.

Julien