Hi Naresh,

> Lets suppose that I have a modem which implements various radio access
> technologies like CDMA, WCDMA,  GSM, LTE, etc. The questions I have
> are:
>
> - How should this modem look like inside Ofono and be exposed outside of
> Ofono?
> - Do you expect to have separate modem drivers for CDMA, WCDMA/GSM and
> LTE or a single driver covering these varied RATs would be accepted?
> - Can there be multiple atoms to support the same functionality in
> various RATs (like SMS or emergency calls) or we can modify one atom
> to support all the RATs?

so what you have is CDMA/EVDO on one side and UMTS/GSM/LTE on the other.
I haven't seen any modem supporting both types at the same time. So
CDMA/EVDO is a separate modem and so is UMTS/GSM/LTE. For these modems
you can RAT selection. For example ISI and also HSO have support for RAT
selection on UMTS/GSM. No LTE since I haven't seen any hardware for it
so far.

> - I guess connman needs to know of the different connections such a
> modem supports and trigger them accordingly? How might this
> functionality look like?

Nope. ConnMan plays pretty much stupid here. Only oFono cares about the
differences.

> - Can the Ofono DBus API differentiate between various RATs based on
> parameters or some new messages needs to be defined if we use a single
> modem driver for multiple RATs?

See my comment above and look at the description of the RAT interface we
already have.

Regards

Marcel