Per comments in the last week or so, I spun some more updates and
fixes to glext.h, glxext.h, etc. and to the OpenGL extension registry:

  - Fixed a couple of misc. problems IDed by Brian - some EXT_texture3d
    functions were misclassified as EXT_subtexture, and a
    ARB_multitexture enum was misnamed.
  - Renamed GLX_SUN_transparent_index -> GLX_SUN_get_transparent_index
    per Ron Bielaski.
  - Added several Mesa GLX extensions (also to the registry) submitted
    by Brian.
  - glxext.h prototype declarations are now protected with the
    GLX_GLXEXT_PROTOTYPES symbol (likewise wglext.h with a WGL-specific
    symbol).

    A few days ago, Brian asked:

> Regarding glxext.h:
>
> 1. There's a typedef:
> #ifndef GLX_ARB_get_proc_address
> typedef void (*__GLXextFuncPtr)();
> #endif
>
> which isn't in the spec for GLX_ARB_get_proc_address.  Where did
> that come from?  I don't necessarily object to it, but the spec
> should be updated.

    This is purely an internal symbol (thus the __ prefix), and doesn't
need to appear in the extension spec IMO. It exists due to some
limitations of the type declaration syntax in the .spec files comprising
the function registry.

    With these updates, I believe we are finished with the ABI version
1.0. There are no outstanding major controversies I'm aware of - Mark's
desire for a cleaner glext.h for Windows use can be addressed later, as
it has no bearing on Linux. There are a lot of things we can do in the
future, but it's important to set a stake in the ground and build on
that, given how fast the 3D ecology on Linux is evolving.

    Also, the quarterly OpenGL ARB meeting is next Tuesday and
Wednesday. It would be nice to present the Linux ABI as a finished
project there, and then do an announcement to the usual forums.

    So, I'd like to attempt a quick and simple up/down vote, which will
be sent out in the next message.

    Jon Leech
    SGI