Hi.

Today imf-selector is used to choose default input method. I've ported it to Python gobject/gtk3 in https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/3612 . ibus-setup utility once upon a time had an ability to manage ibus autostart. It was broken and now is disabled. I've created the following patch - https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/3613/commits/e40411787674f7b9d00555d62c8dc643112aa1be to resurrect it. It generally works, but GUI interface is ugly. And it still relies on startup script from imf-selector. In theory, we could move this script to ibus, fix GTK builder ui file and this would allow us to drop imf-selector (as it's from now-closed input-method gate, and we'll likely have no updates from upstream, it has some advantages). The question is if it worth the effort, or we can just drop iiim, but continue shipping imf-selector.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,