Hi Edson!

I think you should be able to use QueryBySQL to solve the problem. It
doesn't require you to return a key. But I'm not sure that will work... i
know I can create an object of an already existing mapped class... but i'm
not sure if it works for this purpose. If you have the time to make a few
experiments you might get it to work .. Please tell me about your results..

Regards
Roland Carlsson

> About secure messages, you are right. Excuses to mail list users.
>
> About using new Date(), this works fine if my app is j2ee based (like
> JSP, web services and so on), but my app is Swing (by now client-server)
> based, and I need to guarantee that workstation (if I use new Date())
> has date/time correctly set... That isn't what I want.
>
> A malicious user could change date/time on workstation between process.
> I must warranty that I will be using the server date/time so I can be
> confident about it.
>
> Any other tips?
>
> I've implemented a call to a procedure, obtaining a connection from a
> PersistenceBroker... But could be a more "expert" way to do it.
>
> Thanks for any tips,
>
> Edson Richter
>

> Em Seg, 2003-09-08 ās 12:58, Roland Carlsson escreveu:
> > Hi Edson!
> >
> > The simplest way to do this is to set the date in your value-object. Eg
setMyDate(new Date()); and then store the object. Since most databases I
tested support higher time-resolutions than whole seconds or in your case
(guessing oracle) 1/10 of a second if I remember correctly it should be good
enough.

> > Regards
> > Roland Carlsson
> >
> > PS: Please don't send secure messages to a mailinglist. If you need them
to be secure add a hash in the end of the message so it can be verified to
be not alterd.