Hello,

I do not know about your model,
but I suppose Aricle has a reference field
productGroup of type ProduktGroup and an Integer
(or String) field of type productGroupId, which is
mapped to a foreign key column.

Let me ask a question: Why is there a setter for
the latter field?  Why is that field modified
by your application code?

As I understand it, OJB is supposed to treat that
field correctly.  In our application, that field
is private and has no getters and setters.

If I am write with my assumptions, you should have
ar.setProductGroup(pg) here.

>                 broker.store(ar);
>             }

HTH,