Paolo Salvan wrote:

Hi!

I' starting the development of a non-trivial web app using ojb, mysql, and jsp...

I havent't clear ideas about which is the right moment to create/close the
various objects, to get the best architecture and to take advantage of the
connection-pooling.

In order to launch queries, to update data and so on, I need the following 3
objects:

- an ojb instance
- a db connection
- a transaction

I can create them at the global application level, at the user session level or
at the single jsp level... but it isn't obvius to me what is the right
solution... any help?

You most certainly don't want to code business functionality right into the JSP. Your project sounds like it would benefit from the Struts framework, have a look here: http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/ and here for a tutorial: http://www.fawcette.com/javapro/2002_07/online/kjones/
Also, there a few people here on the user mailing list that use OJB with Struts, so if you decide to use it, you will most certainly get your questions answered here :-)

Tom