Ilias Lazaridis wrote:

My main questions here is:

Can the team provide me with the targets "run" and "deploy" in a way that i don't have to invest more time, thus I can continue to invest my time where i can be productive?

No, because we *cannot*. Both run and deploy are highly dependant upon your environment which we simply cannot know anything about. You really have to do that yourself because you're the only one who knows about your environment. The best that anybody can offer is ojb-blank upon which you should base your project:
Btw, you will find that the same holds true for other libraries/frameworks (e.g. 4 of the 9 'first steps' in the Hibernate getting started doc require you to adjust the Hibernate environment to suit your needs).

* Download OJB stable from CVS. You should look up in the NetBeans manual how to check out a project from CVS. The general mechanics of accessing Apache CVS repositories are described here: http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html. The ojb repository is called db-ojb, and you have to checkout the OJB_1_0_RELEASE branch there (again, see the NetBeans manual on how/where to specify these settings).

* Run the Ant 'ojb-blank' target (see the NetBeans manual on how to do that). This will give you a fresh ojb-blank.jar in the dist subfolder.

* Now follow the getting-started documentation at http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/getting-started.html

This way, you will get the newest ojb-blank which will among other things generate run.bat and run.sh for you if you specify your main class in the build.properties

Tom