Don Lyon wrote:
Here's the debug from the statement cache exception:
2005-03-17 10:23:32,546 DEBUG
[org.apache.ojb.broker.platforms.PlatformOracle9iImpl] PlatformOracle9iImpl
could not enable Oracle statement caching. Original/unwrapped connection
classes=org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedConnection/oracle.jdbc.driver
.OracleConnection

Thanks for testing and reporting back, Don!

With your printout I could add a reflection call to load the JBoss wrapper class and abort before tuning any Oracle extensions in the connection init code.

The managed connection doesn't have a problem with the row pre-fetch call.
That method is invoked succesfully, at least in JBoss.  I agree that it's
probably a good idea to let the container manage that as well though, but at
least it doesn't throw an exception.

I decided to leave it all to JBoss since I think that's most fair to the J2EE design pattern.

Best would be if these things were tunable with connection settings, then the user could decide for himself. This would also get rid of hardcoded magic numbers for # rows prefetched and # PreparedStatements cached. This will be possible in OJB1.1 and a more generic approach to passing properties to the platforms.

Thanks for getting this in a usable state for JBoss!

I hope we get there! :)

Cheers,
 Martin