This looks like good option for me.

Thanks

Nils

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Kalén [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 5:44 PM
To: OJB Users List
Subject: Re: OJB Listener :: Best practise

Nils Liebelt wrote:
> I need a simple Listener which methods get called after insert, update and
> delete. I just found Listener for Transaction stuff in the API. Any
> suggestions?

If it is an option for you to modify your persistence beans, you can
implement
org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerAware and provide implementation for
the following hooks:
afterInsert(PersistenceBroker broker)
afterUpdate(PersistenceBroker broker)
afterDelete(PersistenceBroker broker)

Just implement the methods you are not interested in as no-ops to cover
the whole interface.

When deciding which technique you want to choose, note that what I describe
above will make your beans directly OJB-dependent.

Regards,
  Martin