Danilo Tommasina wrote:

Now I am getting a bit lost in all these options, and testing them is very hard. Does anyone here have experience with this issue and know of an easy way to fix it? Option 1) with autoReconnect seems most attractive to me, but how should I set such a connection parameter using OJB? Is it even possible?

you can do this in OJB by just adding the ?autoReconnect=true at the end of the dbalias attribute in the <jdbc-connection-descriptor> tag in your repository.xml

bye
danilo

Thanks, I'll try this out, let you know if it helped.

-Stijn