If you don't trust Open Library you might consider Bookshare: https://www.bookshare.org/cms
On 3/31/2016 7:44 PM, Jon Leech wrote:
     I asked this about a year ago and never got a reply (which in a
sense answers my question), but will try again: I've got about 850 old
paperbacks that do not have loanable ebooks in OL, though they do have
records - see

https://openlibrary.org/people/oddhack/lists/OL67687L/(Not_Loanable)_Books_In_Library

     I'd be thrilled to donate most of them IF I were completely
confident that they would actually be scanned and offered up for loan in
a reasonably short time, but at this point in time OL appears so
dramatically under-resourced and unresponsive to its users that I have
no such confidence. There's the "Book Drive" page, but that hasn't been
updated, aside from tweaking some of the text / contact info, in 6
years, and offers no indication of its current status. So I'm skeptical
of "The IA scans over 1,000 books every day" assertion on that page.

     Is there reason to think donating books to IA will produce loanable
ebooks in OL as a result? I'm not trying to be snarky here, it's a
serious question based on how stagnant OL is, and how much work would be
involved in my bringing 30 boxes of books to San Francisco from the East
Bay.

     Jon