I usually position the throwout bearing and clutch fork together before
installing the transmission.  Bill in Oregon

  _____

From: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ima.p...@yahoo.com
Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2013 11:23 AM
To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [old-chevy-truck] Installing 235 Clutch Fork

I recently removed my trans and flywheel in order to replace the starter
gear ring due to excessive wear. I now have the trans and flywheel (with new
gear ring) installed. But, I'm having difficulty getting the clutch fork
reinstalled. I can't quite slip the fork onto the throwout bearing as the
ballstud, on which the clutch fork pivots, is in the way. It looks as
though, if I remove the ballstud I'll be able to get the fork onto the
bearing. But, I don't think I'll have enough room to reinstall the ball
stud. So, what's the procedure to reinstalling the clutch fork? Any hints?