From: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of c50tr...@yahoo.com
Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2013 2:25 PM
To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [old-chevy-truck] How to start a 216 that has been resting sixteen
years

Hello;  I did try to search the group, because I suspected this question had
been answered before. I was not successful in finding an answer. So I
apologize for the possible rerun.

I do wish too determine if my 50 Chevy with a 216 will start. I remember the
radiator top leaked, and it would run hot if ran to long when I parked it
the fall of 97. I can't remember if I ever ran it hotter than I should have,
but something caused me to stop driving it. I have done nothing with it
since it was parked, except put air in the tires, spray the wasp nests, and
move it out of the field last week. This week, I wish to find if the engine
can still fire.

Seems I remember I should pour small amounts of oil through the spark plug
openings and let it soak before trying to fire the engine, true? Stale fuel?
That's a problem. Anything else I've overlooked?

Full disclosure; I'm on the fence. Not sure yet if my goal is to restore the
5 window, or sell. But either way I'd like to at least know if it would
start again, and how to determine that without causing possible damage to an
engine.

Thanks for any help. Rod LaFrance Greenacres, WA.