I always prefer the metal speedo cables , the plastic ones are not just coated
, they're plastic .

Last time I checked , AD still made the correct metal speedo cable .

  There's an additional , separate horizontal weather seal between the floor
and door , the strip is often gone missing .

 Vent wing seals can be a serious P.I.A. ~ I use a stiff nylon glass setting
tool to help stuff it into the channel , I also NEVER use Chinese rubber and if
you foolishly buy some , you'll find out why .

 Steele Rubber Co. rubber only ! .

 Be wary of re pop door latches , I was able to find twoN.O.S. ones after
failing to get the Chinese re pops to work although I am told there's one
company that makes good repop latches .

 Insulation is critical ~ closed cell only ! .

 Inside the roof and doors but always stop 4" or more before any seams or the
bottom so water , wet leaves , dust etc. cannot accumulate .

 -Nate

        Bob Asked :

 Hi Group,

 Working on the doors on my ’57 3100 – Planning on replacing door and window
relays, latches, striker plates, window felts, door seals etc. and have a few
questions:

 What is required to replace the wind wing vent window seals?  Are special
tools and skills required, is it a difficult task?

 What is recommended for door insulation and/or sound deadening?

 The catalog lists a lower door seal retainer – is this used with the door to
cab seal that surrounds the door or is there another seal at the bottom?

 Also – as far as performance/reliability/longevity - what is preferred: the
plastic coated speedo cable or the one with the metal housing?

 Any input would be appreciated – Thank you, Bob