Why can't you move the piston to the compression stroke (so both valves are closed), tighten up the pushrods so there's no lash and be done? I thought this would be super simple.

Or put the piston at TDC firing, which is simplest, and then adjust. However, I don't like to fiddle with 2 small wrenches at the back of the rocker arm on the backside of the head. If that's not a problem...

That's why I much prefer adjustable rocker arms. Simple, swift, and sure, with the adjustment right in the center on the rocker stud, where it's easily accessible.

Milton Schick
1964 442 Cutlass
[EMAIL PROTECTED]