To: <oldsmobile@chebucto.ns.ca>
Sent: Saturday, March 04, 2006 10:04 AM
Subject: DIY Carb Rebuilding

Hello all-

I had the carb on my '70 350 rebuilt by a friend (who owed me a favor) for the cost of the carb kit so I didn't know how much it cost to *pay* someone to do it. Now I'd like to have my '86 E4MC rebuilt.

I looked at Sparky's Carb Service and they want $350! I had no idea it would be so pricey.

Doug Roe's carb book can be had for $17 and a carb kit for around $25...I even have a non-important '77 4bbl I can practice on. I also have a '55 4bbl that needs to be rebuilt, too.

Is this something an intermediate shade-tree mechanic can attempt himself? Or, perhaps there's someone on the list who can do it for a bit more reasonable fee?

Scott White