To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 10:00 AM
Subject: RE: Question for item #8045390901 - 455 OLDSMOBILE FORGED STEEL CRANKSHAFT 40094

**FROM SELLER**
here is a pic of the forging line. This crank doesn't have casting #'s
anywhere (I've looked everywhere).
check out this link
www.442.com/oldsfaq/ofcrk.htm

Late [1968 and up] big blocks: 400, and 455's. Forged. Mystery crank -
reputed to have been used in '68 Toronado, but found in a 1968 low comp.
2bbl fullsize motor. ID number 400943. Notch on back drive flange is "L" or "check mark" shaped, like other forged cranks, but is really like a "J". The
notch is just like the "L" notch except for the corner will be nicely
rounded where one leg meets the other. Check the casting parting line: wide
means forged, narrow means cast.