Ron,

Next I got the 1976 y-76 cutlass s I bought from az. Nj is really pissing
me off about issuing a title even after I got a bill of sale from Joe.
I can't get a good pencil trace of vin. I even had a friend who is a state
trooper write all the info down in the form of a police report which is
legal, nj dmv  say's they can accept that.
What is needed to get a Arizona title.
Because I just keep getting put on hold.

That could be a problem getting an AZ title. Go to:
http://www.azdot.gov/mvd/documents/CustomerServiceGuide_99-0117.pdf
and look in the "Title" section starting on page 14. AZ requires the vehicle to be inspected prior to issuing a title to make sure the vehicle isn't stolen or assembled from stolen parts. Because of the Mexican crossborder problem of vehicle theft, I guess you could blame crossborder criminals for forcing AZ to do things this way. AZ started pre-titling inspections about 35+ years ago. The crossborder vehicle theft problem is really huge, Mexican criminals stealing cars in AZ and taking them to Mexico for sale or chopping.

Milton Schick
1964 442 Cutlass
[EMAIL PROTECTED]