On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 10:26:25PM +0800, queenie hui wrote:

> Management of One Laptop Per Child
>

> Re: Collaboration on a social entrepreneurial project
>

> Dear Sir/Madam
>

> We are Intel4kids from Tunku Abdul Rahman College, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. We
> are now conducting a social entrepreneurial project entitled Empower Primary
> School Student Education. The mission of the project is to improve the
> learning
> facilities of primary schools in Malaysia in supporting the academic success
> of
> school children.
>

> Malaysia is located in Southeast Asia. It consists of thirteen states and
> three
> federal territories (Wikipedia 2012). In Malaysia, compulsory primary
> education
> starts at the age of seven and lasts for a duration of six years. The number
> of
> primary schools in Malaysia is 7,723 as at 31 January 2012.
>

> Recently, we have conducted a brief research on the facilities of Malaysia
> primary schools which located at rural areas and the number of students is
> below 300. The results showed that out of the sample of 100 schools, there are
> 63% of schools do not have a computer laboratory, and 50% of them do not have
> internet access. This result shows that in Malaysia there are still many
> students are learning without a computer and internet access.
>

> We would like to explore on the opportunity to collaborate with your
> organization in helping the schools with poor learning facilities in
> supporting
> the academic success of school children from the age of seven to twelve in
> Malaysia.
>

> The purpose of our group is to raise fund to help the primary school in rural
> area of Malaysia
>
> Our 3 MISSIONS are:~
> 1.) install computer lab
> 2.) build up internet connection
> 3.) provide free laptop with relevant learning courseware
>
> In the era of technology, without tools like computer or internet is quite
> hard
> for children to follow the steps of the evolving world.
>

> Your favourable reply is highly appreciated. Please do not hesitate to email
> me
> atorange.quee...@gmail.com or you may check out our Facebook page at http://
> www.facebook.com/pages/Intel4Kids/320269641388723 for further details on the
> project.

Hello > Queenie Puah Ke Hui,

As far as I know, OLPC Association has no restrictions on selling the XO-1.75
laptop to your country.  This URL gives some information:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Buying_XOs
The issue of providing internet access is one that requires a local solution
that you can best provide and find the funding for, I assume with government
assistance. If you want to devise a small pilot to test the XO, then you can
apply to the contributers program here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Contributors_program
And they can provide a few units to demo/test.
Also, the method and material to integrate the XO should also be part of your
local solution. And dont forget about the power requirements.
Hope you can get all these issues addressed to allow an XO project setup in
your country.

--
|  .''`.  == Debian GNU/Linux ==.| http://kevix.myopenid.com......|
| : :' :     The Universal OS....| mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/.|