> On Mar 16, 2015, at 4:02 PM, takashi ary <takashi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Normally I like to see the dumps themselves, but these are both the same
>> panic, and both in a seemingly innocent return from a door call.
>
> It's possible to send vmdump.
> What is good way to send?

Given what you say below, I don't think you will need to send me anything...

>> Both panics are page faults, like the kernel was using a userspace pointer
>> or something.  I don't know the doorfs subsystem that well, but given I've
>> not seen this anywhere else, I'm wondering if something odd is going on
>> inside VMware's memory management (you did say this is running inside
>> VMware)?
>
> This is running inside VMware ESXi 5.1 Update 2
> so search the VMware Knowledge Base...
>
> Windows 2008 R2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Solaris 10 64-bit
> virtual machines blue screen or kernel panic when running on ESXi 5.x
> with an Intel E5/E7/E3 v2 series processor (2073791)
> http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2073791
>
> $ prtconf -v | grep Xeon
>                        value='Intel(r) Xeon(r) CPU E5-2697 v2 @ 2.70GHz'
>                        value='Intel(r) Xeon(r) CPU E5-2697 v2 @ 2.70GHz'
>
> Intel E5 v2 series processor!
> Bingo?

Yep!  See if the VMware note has information on the coredump for Solaris 10 -->
it'll be close to any illumos distro, including OmniOS.  According to the note,
you need "update 3" to 5.1.

>> No specific activity was going on prior to the panics, right?
>
> Right, I think no one was using the server at that time.
>
> This info may be better shared on the illumos developer list?

Yes, INCLUDING the VMware technical note and its solution.  Please share!!!
I'm glad this isn't a problem with us, but with VMware.  One major user of
illumos runs on VMware, and needs to see that, but I suspect they know it
already.

Thanks!
Dan