I have encountered an issue when including the fmd extension into the snmp config. I have older openindiana systems running this configuration (all 64 bit installs) and have not had a problem.

This is the only x86 system I have - not sure why it picked x86, as it should run 64bit - although the hardware is about four years old- so it might be specific to the x86 flavour.

An snmpwalk will eventually timeout when the oid reaches the extension range.

dlmod sunFM /usr/lib/fm/libfmd_snmp.so.1

SunOS nzakl3nas05 5.11 omnios-a708424 i86pc i386 i86pc

Is this a known problem ?

Mark.