[Winona Online Democracy]

New subject:  National Debt

>From my perspective it seems that only the Democratic Party (and I believe
the Green and Natural Law Parties) are interested in paying down the
national debt.  Why is this not a priority for the Republicans as well?  It
seems to me that paying off the national debt will save us gazillions (a
lot) in interest, which will in turn give tax relief to all of us.

I am really hoping one of my more conservative friends out there can answer
this in a way that will make sense to me.  Perhaps my perception is wrong?

Cherisa Templeton