[Winona Online Democracy]

This definition precludes the possibility of liberals believing
in a higher authority while assuming that conservatives do.  I
think this definition only serves to perpetuate common belief in
the dichotomous relationship between political leanings and
religious belief.  Cannot there be religious liberals and
atheist or agnostic conservatives?  I don't know about the
latter first-hand, but I personally know plenty of the former
whose (non-literal Bibilical interpretation) shapes their
world-view just as much as the common conservative's (usually
more literal) religious belief shapes his or hers.

-This could get quite tangential; I don't mean to ignite a
religious discussion.  But, I wanted to contribute these
thoughts on the assumed religious differences between liberals
and conservatives.

Lori Baumgardt