-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Dwayne Voegeli
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2001 12:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Winona] Teen Employment

[Winona Online Democracy]

Hello Glen and Winona Online Democracy,

In this listserve, have we yet discussed the big difference between a
minimum wage and a "living" wage?

There are probably some very simple reasons why America's rates of child
poverty, general poverty, and health care coverage is so embarrassingly
high compared to other developed countries in the world.

Dwayne Voegeli

============

>From: "Glen & Diane Schumann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: "Winona Online Democracy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: RE: [Winona] Teen Employment
>Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 07:24:06 -0600
>Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>What evidence do you offer to support your claim?  Do you know of specific
>employers in Winona paying less than the minimum wage?  What justification
>is there for the lowest skill jobs (read: menial) being paid at other than
>lower rates?  How many employers in Winona are paying only the minimum
wage?
>What share of workers in Winona are earning the minimum wage?  What share
of
>workers in Winona have never earned more than the minimum wage?  How long
>does the typical worker hired at minimum wage take to begin earning at a
>higher rate?
>
>Glen Schumann
>Winona, MN
>
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>H: 507.454.3056   W: 507.453.3567  W FAX: 507.454.1440
>
>Visit my Family Home Page: <http://www.hbci.com/~gschuman/home.htm>

(00023DC6)

Please sign all messages posted to this list with your actual name.
Posting of commercial solicitations is not allowed on this list.
Report problems to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Schumann;Glen
FN:Glen Schumann
ORG:Winona Daily News;Advertising
TITLE:Account Representative
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(507) 453-3567
TEL;HOME;VOICE:(507) 454-3056
TEL;WORK;FAX:(507) 454-1440
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;601 Franklin Street=0D=0AP.O. Box 5147;Winona;MN;55987
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:601 Franklin Street=0D=0AP.O. Box 5147=0D=0AWinona, MN 55987
ADR;HOME:;;3774 West 7th  Street;Gopodview;MN;55987-1777
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:3774 West 7th  Street=0D=0AGopodview, MN 55987-1777
URL:http://www.luminet.net/~gschuman/home.htm
URL:http://www.winonadailynews.com
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
EMAIL;INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]