As I read this thread, it makes me a bit sad to see that the community of the
OpenSourceOffice is actually splitting in two, and I don't understand why.

I am not a developer, just a user, so I don't understand the technicalities. I
can understand the differences between the licenses and their meaning to the
developers, but wouldn't it been better to have ONE open project? If
LibreOffice would have not started, then Apache OpenOffice.org would have not
happened.

TDF promisses an open and friendly environment to contribute. I don't
(HONESTLY) understand why the developers don't want to contribute to
LibreOffice, but want to spilt the project in two? (Speaking in user terms).

From one side, the concurrence can be good because it makes the participants of
the two projects strive to make something better then the other, but at the end
this is a voluntary BIG project (LibreOffice + Apache OpenOffice.org).

Why not be ONE project?

I don't see differences in feature visions, only differences on names and
brands, and maybe also licenses. Only about structures. LibreOffice is a great
start, why make a second best start? As a result LibreOffice+Apache
OpenOffice.org will have a long start because split.

I have meant for a long time to make this questions.

Best regards and hoping that the two projects will be ONE, lets say also a
federation :)

Drini.