On 7 Jul 2011, at 13:17, Mathias Bauer wrote:

> This would at least require that someone having done that at LO would
> contribute a patch for OOo. Having a patch could help to do the removal
> in the same way as in LO. That could make sure that afterwards the code
> bases became more similar and merging of code changes could become
> easier in the future. Perhaps that's something you should suggest on the
> LO dev list.
>
> (I hope this suggestion isn't seen as an offense - really, if you are
> asking for patches you have to ask those who did the work, not those who
> might receive it.)

Not an offense, no, although we might consider it's unlikely that a volunteer
in any project would want to do this sort of work twice. We may instead want to
encourage new Apache volunteers who want to join the development activity but
need to learn how everything works to create patches that mirror the cleanup at
LO, as a route to learning about AOOo.

S.