On 19 April 2012 17:24, Michael Meeks <michael.me...@suse.com> wrote:

>        1. Are those SGA's unmodified, and/or does the scope extend
>           beyond the plain list of files, and just one version of
>           them ?

The SGAs signed by Oracle are, to the best of my knowledge,
unmodified. The source text can be found at
http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt

The scope does not extend beyond the listed files. If there are files
you think are needed we can talk to Oracle to see if we can have those
too.

I'm not sure whether it covers just one version or all versions, my
guess is if we were given history then it would extend to that history
too but that is my *guess* only. What is certain is that the grant
covers all IP in the files listed and supplied to us.

>        2. Is the text of these SGA's made public somewhere ?
>           (prolly a FAQ) I'm confused by this 'Members only'
>           restriction that is presumed.

The signed documents are private because they contain private contact
details, however the text is at
http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt. This is the text of
the SGA signed by Oracle as I note above.

>        It'd be really useful to have a statement on that - or perhaps I just
> missed an existing one, help appreciated !

If you need a firmer/clearer statement than that (i.e. from someone on
the legal committee rather than an observer like me) then feel free to
post to legal-disc...@apache.org where our VP Legal Affairs will be
happy to respond.

Ross