On May 9, 2012 3:25 AM, "Fernando Cassia" <fcas...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is what Apache has to deal with...

... and we've consistently found the best thing to do is to follow
Gandalf's lead.

Gandalf (from Tolkien's The Hobbit) lets the trolls fight amongst
themselves until the sun rises and turns them to stone. He does not argue
with them, he does not try to prove them wrong, he does not fight them. He
simply prompts them to argue amongst themselves.

This is a masterclass on how to deal with trolls.

We get on with writing code and putting it out there. The trolls will
continue to argue until the sun rises. AOO and LO will still be here and,
without the trolls, will be free to collaborate.