On 27 June 2012 14:50, Donald Harbison <dpharbi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 10:55 AM, Kevin Grignon
> <kevingrignon...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Don,
>>
>> I've added some content to the planning doc on the cwiki.
>>
>> Question: is the conference focused on opensource methods and process, or
>> on the actual products, or both?
>>

> To be honest, it is our to make it be what we envision. There are no
> 'rules' per se.  If you have a great idea for a session, then propose it.
> I'm still looking for a signal on how to proceed with the CFP process. In
> the meantime, we are advised to plan, plan, and more plan...in other words,
> assume we have full control over what we want to do for now at least. A
> good plan will trump no plan or a lousy plan on any given day.

+1

Although it may help to understand what other Apache Developers have
come to expect (not that this should limit you).

It's about meeting people you  work with on open source projects. It's
about learning how to work more effectively with them. It's about
finding new people and new collaboration opportunities. It's learning
other projects. it's about building community both within and beyond
your projects. It's about communicating to potential contributors why
they should care and how they can engage.

So, as Don says, anything goes, at least at this stage of planning.

Ross